Sunday 15 May 2016

Apparently I'm a threat

I got a knock at the door yesterday morning about 8:30 while I was holding my 6 month old grandson.  I answered the door and, to my surprise, I found a police constable stood there who was looking for me.  I asked him in and he asked me if I had any idea why he was there, which I didn't.  He then asked if I had any issues at work, which I do.  He then informed me that one of my managers (someone I have never heard of or have a clue who they are),  had called them about my last blog post.  He then quoted sections of the last paragraph to me.  I told him that yes I had said that and that it was from my BLOG.  He seemed almost embarrassed to be there and said a couple of times that he could see I was fine.  He also asked me a couple of times if I was ok and was I sure.  He then said that he could see it was just a rant and that no threat to anyone had been made, and he couldn't understand why anyone though that the police needed to be involved.

If he had been shown the whole post I don't know but if he had, he could have seen it was a rant - somewhere I let off steam and voice my feelings both good and bad, hell there are lots of entries on there where I do just that.  If I had written something like "I am going to get a baseball bat and go sort them out good and proper" or " I'm reapplying for my shotgun ticket so I can get a shotgun and shoot them"  I could understand any concerns but I didn't, all I did was express how I FELT not what I planned

So you can make up your own mind here is the section they quoted:  "So now I am left with the choice - do I go back to a job I love but even more danger of abuse and stigmatization, or do I get my doctor to continue to put me on sick until I have to leave work due to ill health, or do I ask the doctor to eventually sign me fit for work but with change of role?  I don't know what to do or what I want any more - part of me wants to get the baseball bat out and put the wankers in hospital for a long long time.  I was actually thinking of reapplying for a shotgun ticket ready to start re-enacting again next year but somehow I don't think that would be a good idea for them at the moment if had access to a weapon."  Is there any part of that that says I'm going to go out and do anything?

Again something at work has left me feeling confused and anxious with hints of paranoia but I'm not going to let them send me back on a spiral into the jaws of the dog.


Take care 
Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment